SDAFS Resolutions Process
The five members of the Resolutions Committee draft and recommend to the Division for consideration such resolutions considered prudent and necessary in the furtherance of the purposes and objectives of the Division. The recommendations are presented to the Division at its Annual Meeting.
General or external resolutions are those that place the views of the Division on record on matters of broad concern. In order for external resolutions to be eligible for consideration they must be received by the Resolutions Committee no later than October 1, and must be printed in the Division newsletter before the annual business meeting.
Internal resolutions are those that concern the Division itself. They are eligible for consideration up to and at the annual business meeting.
The resolution adoption process is available in PDF format below.
There are no resolutions for consideration by the membership at this time.
Chapters and Chapter Subunits are encouraged to submit resolutions. Every fishery encompasses three essential elements: habitat, aquatic species and people. Any issue that impacts those elements may be worthy of a Division resolution. The committee has not considered any resolutions on marine fisheries issues in several years. Resolutions should be sent to Dennis Riecke, Resolutions Committee Chairman (firstname.lastname@example.org) w. 601-432-2207. Resolutions can be submitted at any time but they must be published in a SDAFS newsletter before being considered and voted upon at a SDAFS Annual Business meeting.
Recent Resolutions (2005-2017)
- Resolution for the Establishment and Development of Comprehensive Safety Training Programs for Fisheries Personnel (2005)
- Resolution Protecting the Nationally Significant Aquatic Natural Resources of the Lower Mississippi River Ecosystem (2005)
- Resolution on the Southeast Aquatic Resources Partnership (2007)
- Resolution on Instream Flow Programs (2007)
- Resolution on Federal Funding of Aquatic Nuisance Species Programs (2012)
- Resolution on Federal Funding for Implementation of the Management and Control Plan for Bighead, Black, Grass, and Silver Carps in the United States (2013)
- Resolution on the Use of Off-Highway Vehicles in Streams (2015)
- Resolution on Standardization of Fish Data Management (2017)